I recently had an epiphany – nature is healing and restorative. This recently found insight is, as best I can tell, a culmination of numerous realizations which include:
- The population continues to grow. It is becoming more crowded.
- Our “outside,” which is a limited resource, is dwindling.
- If we don’t care and take action, our “outside” will disappear.
- At the same time, “electronics” are impacting all of us – adults and children, and we are spending more time inside.
These realities are not only concerning, but also problematic.
- Oddly enough, walking my dog, Lucy, outside has enormous health benefits.
- I always feel better after I’ve spent a modest amount of time outside.
- I need to get outside more. In fact, we all need to get outside more – it’s healing and restorative.
This led to RxOutside.Org which exists:
Mission: To inspire children and adults to get outside and enjoy nature
Vision: To improve health and wellness in children and adults